Thursday, October 6, 2016

Scott's Metal Track of the Day - Angry Chair by Alice In Chains

Loneliness is not a phase
Field of pain is where I graze
Serenity is far away

Saw my reflection and cried, hey
So little hope that I died, oh
Feed me your lies, open wide, hey
Weight of my heart, not the size, oh

Today's Metal Track is Angry Chair by Alice In Chains. This is off of their 1992 landmark album Dirt. This is one of the few songs written entirely by Layne Staley, meaning guitar and lyrics. Cantrell would often write lyrics for Layne but it was rare for Layne to write the music. Layne would also play guitar on this song during concerts.

RIP Layne!



And you have to check out this fan made video from back in the day. It's creepy, awesome and hilarious. Kudos to these girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment